We love farmhouse sinks because they’re gorgeous to look at, they’re practical and durable, and they also serve as the perfect accent piece! You’ve got quite a few choices when it comes to the types of material that farmhouse sinks can be made from. Here are the most popular types of farmhouse sink materials:
- Enamel over Cast Iron
- Fireclay (Clay and Glaze)
- Stainless Steel
- Vitreous China
Some pros and cons:
Pros: Farmhouse Sinks are gorgeous, ridiculously large, and can fit an insane amount of dishes. It’s the statement piece of the kitchen.
Cons: Because it’s so large, food can get caught up in the sides of the sink; therefore having a pull down faucet is necessary. Not a big deal though!
Before you decide on a farmhouse kitchen sink, you should do the following:
- Take into consideration how you’ll use the sink — do you need a single-basin or double-basin sink?
- What type of farmhouse sink fits the style of your kitchen and home best?
- What farmhouse sink materials will suit your needs in the kitchen best?
- Make sure you have enough space and support for a farmhouse sink — there’s nothing worse than bringing a new sink home and finding out it doesn’t fit!